Genesis – Beginning
Exodus – Escape
Leviticus – Rules
Numbers – Preparation
Joshua – History
Judges – Judgement
Ruth – Obidience
1 Samuel – Last Judge
2 Samuel – David’s reign
1 Kings -Those who refuse
2 Kings – result of refusal
1 Chronicle – worship
2 Chronicle – Unify around Kings
Ezra – God’s Faithfullness
Nehemia – history of return to Jerusalem
Job – suffer
Psalms – Poetry
Proverbs – Wisdom
1. Do not forsake your mother’s teaching
2. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
3. Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of your crops.
4. Listen my son, to your father’s instruction. ….. do not swerve to the left or to the right, keep your foot from evil.
5. Why be captivated by an adultereres ….a man’s ways are in full view of the Lord.
6. there are 6 things the Lord hate, 7 that are detestable to him.
a lying tounge,
hands that she’d innocent blood,
a hart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into Evi
a false witness that pours out lies,
a man who stirs up dissection among brothers,
My son, keep to your father’s commands, and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
7. Say to wisdom , you are my teacher, and call understanding your kinsman.
8. Choose wisdom instead of good.
9. For fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom
10. Whoever walks in integrity walks securely.
11.30 the fruit of the righteous is the tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise.
12.11 he who works with his hand will have food, but he who chases fantasies lacks judgement.
13. 18 He who ignores discipline comes to poverty and shame. But whoever heads correction is honored.
14. A fools tounge brings a rod to his back, but the lips of the wise protect him.
15 a simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.
16:16 How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver.
17:1 better a dry crust with Pease and quiet than a house full of feasting with strife.
18;15 the heart of the deserving acquires knowledge; the ears of the wise seek it out.
19; 27 stop listening to instruction, my son, and you will stray from words of knowledge.
20:21 an inheritance quickly gained at the beginning will not be blessed in the end.
21:20 in the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.
22;6 train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it
23;9 do not speak to a fool, for he will scorn the wisdom of your words.
24 he who spares the rod hates the his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.
25:28 like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self control.
26. Without Wood a fire dies down, without gossip a quarrel dies down.
27. As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.
28. He who conceals his sons does not prosper, but whoever confesses his sins and renounces them finds mercy.
29. Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord will be kept safe.
30:5 every word of God is flawless;he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
31:10 a wife of noble character, who can find? She is worth far more than Rubies.
Ecclesiastes – Future Generations
Song of Songs – love
Isaiah – call back to God. Prophet during the reign of king Hezikia.
53 hotels the coming and crucifixion of Christ.
59. Fasting, false reasons.
Jeremiah – Turn Back to God
Lamentations – Disobedience
Ezekiel – Judgment
Daniel – Faithfulness
Hosea – God’s love
Joel – Warning
Amos – Complacency
Obadiah – Judgement
Johna – salavation
Micah – Warning
Nahum – God’s Judgement
Habakkuk – God in Control
Zephaniah – Complacency
Haggai – Rebuild
Zechariah – Hope
Malakhi – confront
6.2 do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.
6.6 when you pray, go into your room
6. 9 oh father, hallowed be thy name.
6.16 when you fast, do not disfigured your face.
6.21 do not store up treasure for yourself on earth.
6.25 do not worry about what you will east or drink
6.28 and why do you worry about your clothes
6.33 but seek first his kingdom
6. For each day has its own trouble of its own
7.1 for in the same way you judge others you will be judged
7.3 why do you look at the spec of sawdust in your brothers eye and ignore the plank in your own eye.
7.6 do not throw pearls to pigs
7.7 for everyone who asks receives
7. 10 then how much more will your father in heaven give good gifts to those who a ask him
7.13 enter through the narrow gate
7.17 every good tree bears good fruit
7.20 not everyone who says too me lord,Lord, will enter into heaven
7. 24 Everyone who hears these words from me and puts them into practice is like a wise man that builds his house upon a rock.
7.28 the crowds were amazed.
Luke – 22 lords supper.
John Acts –
2 Corinthians –
Colossians – counters gnosticism. Do not allow the mixture of old laws and men’s rules to dim Christ’s salvation sacrifice.
1 thessalonians –
1 Timothy –
2 Timothy –
1 Peter –
2 Peter –
1 John –
2 John –
3 John –