Genesis – Beginning
1. 24 man in our own image.
2. Tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
3. Man blames woman, woman ublames serpant
4. Cain, sin is crouching at your door, it desires to have you, you must master it.
5. Adam linage to Noah, Ham, Shem, Japeth.
6. Nephim, Heros of old, Flood.
7. Noah enters the Ark. 40 days, 150 days.
8. Raven, Dove, 7 days, dove, olive leaf
9. Covenant, rainow. Canaan cursed
10. Shem, ham japeth.
11. Babel. Let us go down and confuse their language. Abrim and Lot.
12. Abrim claims Sarai is his sister.
13. Quarreling among herdsmen. If you go left, i will go right.
14. War. Lot is captured.
15. Stars in the sky.
16, Hagar, decendants too numerous to count. Ishmeal. His hand will be against everyone.
17 Abraham. Circumcision. Sarah. Issac
18. Sarah told of a son, laughs.
19. Plead for Sodom. Lot shelters the three.
Daughters bear Moabites, Amonites.
20. Abemelech finds Sarah is Abrihams wife.
21. Hagar and Ishmeal sent way.
21. Abraham-Abemelich treaty, in the land of the Philistines.
22. Abraham, Isaac sacrifice, Ram.
23. Death of Sahra.
24. Isaac and Rebecka.
25. Jacob dies, lineage of Ishmael. Jacob and Esau. The older will serve the younger.
26. Isaac tells King Abemeleck, thatRebecca is his sister. Abemelec protects Isaac and Rebekah. Isaacs Well.
27. Rebekah and Jacob decieve Isaac.
28. Isaac sends jacob to take a wife. Esau takes a daughter of Ishmael as a wife.
29. Jacob marries leah and rachel. Leah 3 son was Levi. Forth sone was Juda
38. Tamar Deciept.
39. Joseph thrown into jail because of Potifora wife
40. Dream of cupbearer and baker.
42. Joseph brothers.
43. 2nd journey to egypt
44.silver cup hidden in sack.
45. Joseph reveals himself
46. Joseph brothers settle in Goshen.
47. Joseph gets all money for Paroh, all land then all servants, except priests. Jacob to be buried in canaan.
The last sentence of Judges ”
In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.
Judges 21:25 ESV”
Exodus – Escape –
1. New king if Isreal resents thrivibg jewish comunity. Tells midwives to kill every male child.
Birth of Moses. Moses kilks Egyptian. Flees to Median.
Moses defends priests daughters.
God remembers covenant with Abraham.
3. Burning bush does not burn up. (Simikar to Joshua 5). “Who am I , that i should go to pharoh?”
I am who I am.
You will plunder the Egyptians.
4. What is that in your hand? Put your hand in your cloak. I am slow of speech. Let someone else do it. You bother Aron will speak for you.
Moses returns to Egypt.
5. Pharoh makes work harder on slaves. Pharoh says the slaes are lazy. Isrealite leadeers blame Aron and Moses.
7 to 11. Plagues
430 years as slaves. Isrealites obeyed the passover rules.
13. Concecration of first born male.
Lead by pillar of clouds in the day, pillar of fire at night.
14. Isrealites camp by the Red Sea. Why did you bring us here to die?. The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still.
Parting of the Red Sea.
15. Song of Moses.
20. Ten commandments
22. Property rights
23. Laws of kustice
24. Covennant with isrealites
25. Tabernacle, Ark, table.
26. Layout of tabernacle
28. Garments for Arron, high priest.
29. Consecration of priests
Make an alter
32. Golden calf
33. Moses asks to see God.
34. 2nd set of tablets, covenant with moses. Make no treaty with the tribes. Cut down the ashera poles.
35. Building tabernacle. All those who were willing.
36. Builders had more than enough. Tabernacle =tent of meeting
37 the ark.
38. The alter. Bronze basin and stand made from the mirrors of the women who served at the entrance.
39. Garments for the priests. Ephod = sleevless shirt?
40. Aaron and sons annointed the tabernacle .
When the cloud lifted from the taberncle, the isrealites would set out
Leviticus – Rules
1. Proper way to prepare burnt offerings.
2. Grain offerings
3. Fellowship authoring. Do not eat fat or blood.
4. Sin offering
5. Not speaking up in the matter of a public charge.
6. Decieving his nieghbor, restitution.
7. Guilt offering…..end of offering regulations.
8. Annointing of Araon and sons in the temple.
9. Priest begin ministry
10. Aarons sons consumed by fire.
11. Instructions for the people, clean and unclean food. Split Hoof, chews cud. Sort of descibes bacteria on surfaces.
13. Infecious desease. Hair in he rash turns white. Spreadin mildew.
14. Cleaning infectious skin desease. Cleaning after mildw
15. Discharges causing uncleanliness
16. How Aaron can enter the alter. Scapegoat.
17. Do not eat blood.
18. Unlawfull srcual relations.
19. Do not steal. Do not decieve . Do not defraud. Love th alien as yourself, because you were the alien in egypt.
21. Rules for priests
22. Rules for aarons sons. Unacceptable sacrifices
Sabeth day of rest.
24. Bread outside the temple.
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth
25.sabath year, 7th year, let the land rest.
year of jubilee. 49, 50 years. Eat only what grows in the field.
Do not take advantage of your countrymen.
Houses can be redeemed. Buying slaves.
26. Lord will bless you. Do not make idols. Punishment for Disobedience.
27. Payment to “dedicate” a person to the lord?
Redeeming land that has been dedicated to the lord.
Numbers – Preparation
15. Freewill offerings, festival offerings. Unintentional sins.
16. 250 Levite rebel aigainst Moses.
17. Aarons staff buds and grows almonds to show the other 12 leaders yo not rebel.
18. Duties of the leavites, taking tithes.
19. Washing after being unclean. Any jar with an open lid, in the tent of a dead person. Washing clothes after touching a dead person. Hissop. Water and ash from a fire.
20. Isrealite grumble about lack of water. Moses said HE would bring water put of the rock. God told moses that he had not honored him. So no entry into the land.
21. God gathers aaron o his people. Moses puts his cllothes on his son Eleazar.
2nd approach to the promised land. God told Balaam not to enter battle withh isrealits. They are blessed.
Tje donkey could see the angel with a sword , Ballaam could not.
Balaam gives 5 oracles.
25. Moabite woman seduces son of simeonite leadee. Run through woth a spear.
26. Censun, family names.
27. Moses will see the land, but not enter it. Joshua will lead.
33. Staging the tribes to invade Judea
34. Isreal men sin at Moab
35. Towns given to Levites. Pasture 1500 feet, 3000 feet? 6 towns of refuge. Accused can escape to these towns. Murder with Malace if Forthought…. witnesses required for conviction. More that one witness. Do not pollute the land you live in . Blood shed poluttes the land.
36 zelophedhads Daughters keep the land.
Review and Encouragement at the end of Moses life in the desert.
Review of history, Moses says to choose leaders. Spies, rebellion, fearfull to take land, not a man of this evil generation shall see the good land. Pay for all of your meals. Do not try to conquire anything.
2. Review of wandering.
3. Defeat king of Og. Review division of land. Moses will not cross jordan.
4. obiediance commanded, ******* only be carefull to watch yourselves closelyso that youdo not forget the things you have seen or let them slip from your hearts. Teach them to your children and to their chikdren after them.
Idolitry forbiden. Dont build an idol. Dont bow down to the stars. Do not make an idol of anything the lord has created.
Review cities of refuge.
5. Review of 10 commandments.
6. Write them on the doorframes.
7. He will protect you
8. Do not forget the Lord. Man does not live by bread alone.
9. Vicrory, but not because Isreal was righteous.
The lord said, I have seen these people, and they are stiff necked people indeed.
Moses pleads with the Lord tp spare Isreal.
10. 2nd tablets, fear the lord.
11. Love the Lord.
12. Proper worship. Do not eat the blood…. repeated 4 times.
13. Do not worship orher gods
14. Eat the animal with a split hofe, that chews the cud. Tithe. Set aside a tenth
15. Cancel debts enery 7 years. Free servants that are bound by contract.
17. Any one who worships the sun or stars, stone. 3 witnesses. Witness must cast the first stone.
Obey the Levite rulings. Rules for choosing a king.
18. Levites live on offerings. Dont use witchcraft
Lord will raise prophets after Moses is passed
Cities of refuge. For those without malice of forthought. Purge evik from among you
20. Going to war. Address the armey. Reasons to be excused from battle. Offer surrender. Total war. Do not cut down fruit trees.
21. Unsolved murder. Marrying a captive woman. Right of the firstborn. Rebellious son.
22. If your brothers donkey wanders….. men shall not dress as women. Bird nest in the road. Buikd a house safely. Two different vines in the same ox-donkey,wool-linen. Martiage violations.
23. Excluded from assembly. Emasculated, child of forbidden marriage. Keep camp clean. No prostitution, gleaning from others field.
24. Rules for remarriage. Debt security, do not take advantage of tge poor. Leave a shief.
25. Floggin 40 times. Accurate measures.
26. Set aside tithe for 3 years. Obey the rules ith your heart and soul.
27 ibiedience and dissobiediance.
28. Blessings for obiediance.
29. Renewal of covenant
30. The word is very near you….so you may obey it.
31. Moses will not cross the Jordan. Moses predicts Isreal rebellion.
32. Song of Moses. Moses to die on Mt. Nebo.
33. Moses blesses the tribes.
Joshua – History
1. Lord speaks to Joshua. 3 days from now..
2. Rahab and 2 spies.
3. Crossing the Jordan.
4. Pile 12 stines at tge edge of the Jordan
5. Circumcision in Gilgal. End of Mana
6. Jerico Trumpet. Rahab spared.
7. Isrealites loss at Ai, “why did you bring us accross the Jordan?”. Similar to doubts with Moses. Achan admits theft. Stoned
8. Gibeonites trick Isrealites into thinking thay are from far away. Joshua preserves them, but says they will be woodcutters for the temple from then on.
9. Joshua protects Gibeonites, kilks 5 ammorite Kings
10. Sun stands still
11. Joshua kills northern kings
12. List of defeated kings
13. To 19. . Division of land among the tribes
20. Cities of Refuge.
21. Citeis for the Levites
23. Joshua farewell to leaders.
24. ~ Serve whatever gods you will,
but as for me and my house, ww will serve the lord.
Judges – Judgement
1. After death of Joshua. Isreal and Judah won many battles, because the Lord was with them. But they did not drive out the people of the land. “They will become a thorn in your side.
2. “They will become a thorn in your side.” After a generation, the Isrealites forgot about God, and served the baals.
3. The Lord raised up Judges. The isrealites were obiedient for a generation. Then disobiediance worse than before.
Othineal-peace for 40 years
Ehud struck down king -peace for 80 years
4. Deborah and Barac . The lord will hand over Sisera to a woman.
Lael, wife of Heber, drove a tent stake through King Sinera head
5. Deborah and Barac sing -peace for 40 years
6. Gideon, Tola, Jair. Gideon saw the angel. Asked for a sign -fire. Tore down the alter to baal, ashera pole, built alter to the Lord. Asked for a sign-wool. ,,,,,why rename him Jarub-Baal?,,,,,
Reduce force to 300 to defeat Midianites.
7. Medianite dream about Gideon.
8. Gideon asked for an earing from each. It became a snare.
9. Abimelec , they asked a olive tree to be king,, fig tree, vine, then a thornbush.
18. Tribe of Dan chooses ungodly leader.
19. Concubines father convinces the man to stay. Finaly they leave. Wicked men of the city pound on the door. Gave them the concubine. Later cuts concubine into 12 pieces.
20 Benjaminites woukd not surrender the wicked men. Isrealite fight benjamintes. Benjaminites drawn awa from the city.
The last sentence of Judges ”
In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.
Judges 21:25 ESV”
Ruth – Obidience
1 Samuel – Last Judge
1. Hanah was childless. Prayed for chikd. Commited him to God.
3. Eli said”i did not call you”3 times.
4. Isreal vs. Phillistines. Ark captured. Both of Elis dons die in battle. Eli fslls backwards and dies.
5. God dealt severly with the Philistines.
6. Ark returned with gifts.
17. David and Goliath.
18. David and Johnathan become fast friends
19. Saul attempts to kill David.
2 Samuel – David’s reign
1 Kings -Those who refuse
2 Kings – result of refusal
1 Chronicle – worship
2 Chronicle – Unify around Kings
Ezra – God’s Faithfullness
Nehemia – history of return to Jerusalem
Job – suffer
Psalms – Poetry
Proverbs – Wisdom
1. Do not forsake your mother’s teaching
2. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
3. Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of your crops.
4. Listen my son, to your father’s instruction. ….. do not swerve to the left or to the right, keep your foot from evil.
5. Why be captivated by an adultereres ….a man’s ways are in full view of the Lord.
6. there are 6 things the Lord hate, 7 that are detestable to him.
a lying tounge,
hands that she’d innocent blood,
a hart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into Evi
a false witness that pours out lies,
a man who stirs up dissection among brothers,
My son, keep to your father’s commands, and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
7. Say to wisdom , you are my teacher, and call understanding your kinsman.
8. Choose wisdom instead of good.
9. For fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom
10. Whoever walks in integrity walks securely.
11.30 the fruit of the righteous is the tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise.
12.11 he who works with his hand will have food, but he who chases fantasies lacks judgement.
13. 18 He who ignores discipline comes to poverty and shame. But whoever heads correction is honored.
14. A fools tounge brings a rod to his back, but the lips of the wise protect him.
15 a simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.
16:16 How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver.
17:1 better a dry crust with Pease and quiet than a house full of feasting with strife.
18;15 the heart of the deserving acquires knowledge; the ears of the wise seek it out.
19; 27 stop listening to instruction, my son, and you will stray from words of knowledge.
20:21 an inheritance quickly gained at the beginning will not be blessed in the end.
21:20 in the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.
22;6 train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it
23;9 do not speak to a fool, for he will scorn the wisdom of your words.
24 he who spares the rod hates the his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.
25:28 like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self control.
26. Without Wood a fire dies down, without gossip a quarrel dies down.
27. As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.
28. He who conceals his sons does not prosper, but whoever confesses his sins and renounces them finds mercy.
29. Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord will be kept safe.
30:5 every word of God is flawless;he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
31:10 a wife of noble character, who can find? She is worth far more than Rubies.
Ecclesiastes – Future Generations
Song of Songs – love
Isaiah – call back to God. Prophet during the reign of king Hezikia.
53 hotels the coming and crucifixion of Christ.
59. Fasting, false reasons.
Jeremiah – Turn Back to God
Lamentations – Disobedience
Ezekiel – Judgment
Daniel – Faithfulness
Hosea – God’s love
Joel – Warning
Amos – Complacency
Obadiah – Judgement
Johna – salavation
Micah – Warning
Nahum – God’s Judgement
Habakkuk – God in Control
Zephaniah – Complacency
Haggai – Rebuild
Zechariah – Hope
Malakhi – confront
Return to me and I will return to you.
6.2 do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.
6.6 when you pray, go into your room
6. 9 oh father, hallowed be thy name.
6.16 when you fast, do not disfigured your face.
6.21 do not store up treasure for yourself on earth.
6.25 do not worry about what you will east or drink
6.28 and why do you worry about your clothes
6.33 but seek first his kingdom
6. For each day has its own trouble of its own
7.1 for in the same way you judge others you will be judged
7.3 why do you look at the spec of sawdust in your brothers eye and ignore the plank in your own eye.
7.6 do not throw pearls to pigs
7.7 for everyone who asks receives
7. 10 then how much more will your father in heaven give good gifts to those who a ask him
7.13 enter through the narrow gate
7.17 every good tree bears good fruit
7.20 not everyone who says too me lord,Lord, will enter into heaven
7. 24 Everyone who hears these words from me and puts them into practice is like a wise man that builds his house upon a rock.
7.28 the crowds were amazed.
Luke – 22 lords supper.
Disabled man at the well. The chosen Season 2 e 4.
2 Corinthians –
Colossians – counters gnosticism. Do not allow the mixture of old laws and men’s rules to dim Christ’s salvation sacrifice.
1 thessalonians –
1 Timothy –
2 Timothy –
James – what are the observable blessings Chistians general show.
5 listen rich people…. silver and gold corrode. Hoarding…. your life in luxury, workmen go unpaud. You have condemmed men who oppose you.
1 Peter –
2 Peter –
1 John –
2 John –
3 John –