10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.19 Pray also for me,that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
Daniel 9:20-Daniel 10:21,
20 While I was speaking and praying, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel and making my request to the Lord my God for his holy hill—21 while I was still in prayer, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me in swift flight about the time of the evening sacrifice.22 He instructed me and said to me, “Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding.23 As soon as you began to pray, a word went out, which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed. Therefore, consider the word and understand the vision:
24 “Seventy ‘sevens’[c] are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish[d]transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.[e]
25 “Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuildJerusalem until the Anointed One,[f] the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’ It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble.26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing.[g] The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’[h] In the middle of the ‘seven’[i] he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple[j] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.[k]”[l]
10 In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia, a revelation was given to Daniel (who was called Belteshazzar). Its message was true and it concerned a great war.[a] The understanding of the message came to him in a vision.
2 At that time I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks.3 I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.
4 On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was standing on the bank of the great river, the Tigris,5 I looked up and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist.6 His body was like topaz, his face like lightning,his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude.
7 I, Daniel, was the only one who saw the vision; those who were with me did not see it, but such terror overwhelmed them that they fled and hid themselves.8 So I was left alone,gazing at this great vision; I had no strength left, my face turned deathly pale and I was helpless.9 Then I heard him speaking, and as I listened to him, I fell into a deep sleep, my face to the ground.
10 A hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees.11 He said, “Daniel, you who are highly esteemed, consider carefully the words I am about to speak to you, and stand up, for I have now been sent to you.” And when he said this to me, I stood up trembling.
12 Then he continued, “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them.13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.14 Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future, for the vision concerns a time yet to come.”
15 While he was saying this to me, I bowed with my face toward the ground and was speechless.16 Then one who looked like a man[b] touched my lips, and I opened my mouth and began to speak. I said to the one standing before me, “I am overcome with anguishbecause of the vision, my lord, and I feel very weak.17 How can I, your servant, talk with you, my lord? My strength is gone and I can hardly breathe.”
18 Again the one who looked like a man touched me and gave me strength.19 “Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed,” he said. “Peace! Be strong now; be strong.”
When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength.”
20 So he said, “Do you know why I have come to you? Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come;21 but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael,your prince.
Revelation 2-3, (but especially Rev. 3:7-22).
To the Church in Ephesus
2 “To the angel[a] of the church in Ephesus write:
These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands.2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.
4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.6 But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
To the Church in Smyrna
8 “To the angel of the church in Smyrna write:
These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.9 I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.
11 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.
To the Church in Pergamum
12 “To the angel of the church in Pergamum write:
These are the words of him who has the sharp, double-edged sword.13 I know where you live—where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, not even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city—where Satan lives.
14 Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin so that they ate food sacrificed to idols and committed sexual immorality.15 Likewise, you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans.16 Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
17 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it.
To the Church in Thyatira
18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:
These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze.19 I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.
20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling.22 So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways.23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.
24 Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan’s so-called deep secrets, ‘I will not impose any other burden on you,25 except to hold on to what you have until I come.’
26 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations—27 that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’[b]—just as I have received authority from my Father.28 I will also give that one the morning star.29 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits[d] of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.2 Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God.3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
4 Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy.5 The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.6 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
To the Church in Philadelphia
7 “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:
These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep youfrom the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.13 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
To the Church in Laodicea
14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation.15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come inand eat with that person, and they with me.
21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”
4. Cain, sin is crouching at your door, it desires to have you, you must master it.
5. Adam linage to Noah, Ham, Shem, Japeth.
6. Nephim, Heros of old, Flood.
7. Noah enters the Ark. 40 days, 150 days.
8. Raven, Dove, 7 days, dove, olive leaf
9. Covenant, rainow. Canaan cursed
10. Shem, ham japeth.
11. Babel. Let us go down and confuse their language. Abrim and Lot.
12. Abrim claims Sarai is his sister.
13. Quarreling among herdsmen. If you go left, i will go right.
14. War. Lot is captured.
15. Stars in the sky.
16, Hagar, decendants too numerous to count. Ishmeal. His hand will be against everyone.
17 Abraham. Circumcision. Sarah. Issac
18. Sarah told of a son, laughs.
19. Plead for Sodom. Lot shelters the three.
Daughters bear Moabites, Amonites.
20. Abemelech finds Sarah is Abrihams wife.
21. Hagar and Ishmeal sent way.
21. Abraham-Abemelich treaty, in the land of the Philistines.
22. Abraham, Isaac sacrifice, Ram.
23. Death of Sahra.
24. Isaac and Rebecka.
25. Jacob dies, lineage of Ishmael. Jacob and Esau. The older will serve the younger.
26. Isaac tells King Abemeleck, thatRebecca is his sister. Abemelec protects Isaac and Rebekah. Isaacs Well.
27. Rebekah and Jacob decieve Isaac.
28. Isaac sends jacob to take a wife. Esau takes a daughter of Ishmael as a wife.
29. Jacob marries leah and rachel. Leah 3 son was Levi. Forth sone was Juda
38. Tamar Deciept.
39. Joseph thrown into jail because of Potifora wife
40. Dream of cupbearer and baker.
42. Joseph brothers.
43. 2nd journey to egypt
44.silver cup hidden in sack.
45. Joseph reveals himself
46. Joseph brothers settle in Goshen.
47. Joseph gets all money for Paroh, all land then all servants, except priests. Jacob to be buried in canaan.
The last sentence of Judges ”
In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.
Judges 21:25 ESV”
Exodus – Escape –
1. New king if Isreal resents thrivibg jewish comunity. Tells midwives to kill every male child.
Birth of Moses. Moses kilks Egyptian. Flees to Median.
Moses defends priests daughters.
God remembers covenant with Abraham.
3. Burning bush does not burn up. (Simikar to Joshua 5). “Who am I , that i should go to pharoh?”
I am who I am.
You will plunder the Egyptians.
4. What is that in your hand? Put your hand in your cloak. I am slow of speech. Let someone else do it. You bother Aron will speak for you.
Moses returns to Egypt.
5. Pharoh makes work harder on slaves. Pharoh says the slaes are lazy. Isrealite leadeers blame Aron and Moses.
7 to 11. Plagues
430 years as slaves. Isrealites obeyed the passover rules.
13. Concecration of first born male.
Lead by pillar of clouds in the day, pillar of fire at night.
14. Isrealites camp by the Red Sea. Why did you bring us here to die?. The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still.
Parting of the Red Sea.
15. Song of Moses.
20. Ten commandments
22. Property rights
23. Laws of kustice
24. Covennant with isrealites
25. Tabernacle, Ark, table.
26. Layout of tabernacle
28. Garments for Arron, high priest.
29. Consecration of priests
Make an alter
32. Golden calf
33. Moses asks to see God.
34. 2nd set of tablets, covenant with moses. Make no treaty with the tribes. Cut down the ashera poles.
35. Building tabernacle. All those who were willing.
36. Builders had more than enough. Tabernacle =tent of meeting
37 the ark.
38. The alter. Bronze basin and stand made from the mirrors of the women who served at the entrance.
39. Garments for the priests. Ephod = sleevless shirt?
40. Aaron and sons annointed the tabernacle .
When the cloud lifted from the taberncle, the isrealites would set out
Leviticus – Rules
1. Proper way to prepare burnt offerings.
2. Grain offerings
3. Fellowship authoring. Do not eat fat or blood.
4. Sin offering
5. Not speaking up in the matter of a public charge.
6. Decieving his nieghbor, restitution.
7. Guilt offering…..end of offering regulations.
8. Annointing of Araon and sons in the temple.
9. Priest begin ministry
10. Aarons sons consumed by fire.
11. Instructions for the people, clean and unclean food. Split Hoof, chews cud. Sort of descibes bacteria on surfaces.
13. Infecious desease. Hair in he rash turns white. Spreadin mildew.
14. Cleaning infectious skin desease. Cleaning after mildw
15. Discharges causing uncleanliness
16. How Aaron can enter the alter. Scapegoat.
17. Do not eat blood.
18. Unlawfull srcual relations.
19. Do not steal. Do not decieve . Do not defraud. Love th alien as yourself, because you were the alien in egypt.
21. Rules for priests
22. Rules for aarons sons. Unacceptable sacrifices
Sabeth day of rest.
24. Bread outside the temple.
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth
25.sabath year, 7th year, let the land rest.
year of jubilee. 49, 50 years. Eat only what grows in the field.
Do not take advantage of your countrymen.
Houses can be redeemed. Buying slaves.
26. Lord will bless you. Do not make idols. Punishment for Disobedience.
27. Payment to “dedicate” a person to the lord?
Redeeming land that has been dedicated to the lord.
Numbers – Preparation
15. Freewill offerings, festival offerings. Unintentional sins.
16. 250 Levite rebel aigainst Moses.
17. Aarons staff buds and grows almonds to show the other 12 leaders yo not rebel.
18. Duties of the leavites, taking tithes.
19. Washing after being unclean. Any jar with an open lid, in the tent of a dead person. Washing clothes after touching a dead person. Hissop. Water and ash from a fire.
20. Isrealite grumble about lack of water. Moses said HE would bring water put of the rock. God told moses that he had not honored him. So no entry into the land.
21. God gathers aaron o his people. Moses puts his cllothes on his son Eleazar.
2nd approach to the promised land. God told Balaam not to enter battle withh isrealits. They are blessed.
Tje donkey could see the angel with a sword , Ballaam could not.
Balaam gives 5 oracles.
25. Moabite woman seduces son of simeonite leadee. Run through woth a spear.
26. Censun, family names.
27. Moses will see the land, but not enter it. Joshua will lead.
33. Staging the tribes to invade Judea
34. Isreal men sin at Moab
35. Towns given to Levites. Pasture 1500 feet, 3000 feet? 6 towns of refuge. Accused can escape to these towns. Murder with Malace if Forthought…. witnesses required for conviction. More that one witness. Do not pollute the land you live in . Blood shed poluttes the land.
36 zelophedhads Daughters keep the land.
Review and Encouragement at the end of Moses life in the desert.
Review of history, Moses says to choose leaders. Spies, rebellion, fearfull to take land, not a man of this evil generation shall see the good land. Pay for all of your meals. Do not try to conquire anything.
2. Review of wandering.
3. Defeat king of Og. Review division of land. Moses will not cross jordan.
4. obiediance commanded, ******* only be carefull to watch yourselves closelyso that youdo not forget the things you have seen or let them slip from your hearts. Teach them to your children and to their chikdren after them.
Idolitry forbiden. Dont build an idol. Dont bow down to the stars. Do not make an idol of anything the lord has created.
Review cities of refuge.
5. Review of 10 commandments.
6. Write them on the doorframes.
7. He will protect you
8. Do not forget the Lord. Man does not live by bread alone.
9. Vicrory, but not because Isreal was righteous.
The lord said, I have seen these people, and they are stiff necked people indeed.
Moses pleads with the Lord tp spare Isreal.
10. 2nd tablets, fear the lord.
11. Love the Lord.
12. Proper worship. Do not eat the blood…. repeated 4 times.
13. Do not worship orher gods
14. Eat the animal with a split hofe, that chews the cud. Tithe. Set aside a tenth
15. Cancel debts enery 7 years. Free servants that are bound by contract.
17. Any one who worships the sun or stars, stone. 3 witnesses. Witness must cast the first stone.
Obey the Levite rulings. Rules for choosing a king.
18. Levites live on offerings. Dont use witchcraft
Lord will raise prophets after Moses is passed
Cities of refuge. For those without malice of forthought. Purge evik from among you
20. Going to war. Address the armey. Reasons to be excused from battle. Offer surrender. Total war. Do not cut down fruit trees.
21. Unsolved murder. Marrying a captive woman. Right of the firstborn. Rebellious son.
22. If your brothers donkey wanders….. men shall not dress as women. Bird nest in the road. Buikd a house safely. Two different vines in the same ox-donkey,wool-linen. Martiage violations.
23. Excluded from assembly. Emasculated, child of forbidden marriage. Keep camp clean. No prostitution, gleaning from others field.
24. Rules for remarriage. Debt security, do not take advantage of tge poor. Leave a shief.
25. Floggin 40 times. Accurate measures.
26. Set aside tithe for 3 years. Obey the rules ith your heart and soul.
27 ibiedience and dissobiediance.
28. Blessings for obiediance.
29. Renewal of covenant
30. The word is very near you….so you may obey it.
31. Moses will not cross the Jordan. Moses predicts Isreal rebellion.
32. Song of Moses. Moses to die on Mt. Nebo.
33. Moses blesses the tribes.
Joshua – History
1. Lord speaks to Joshua. 3 days from now..
2. Rahab and 2 spies.
3. Crossing the Jordan.
4. Pile 12 stines at tge edge of the Jordan
5. Circumcision in Gilgal. End of Mana
6. Jerico Trumpet. Rahab spared.
7. Isrealites loss at Ai, “why did you bring us accross the Jordan?”. Similar to doubts with Moses. Achan admits theft. Stoned
8. Gibeonites trick Isrealites into thinking thay are from far away. Joshua preserves them, but says they will be woodcutters for the temple from then on.